Monday, March 21, 2011

The Inner Man



One evening my wife and I were invited for dinner at my daughter's home After supper we all decided to watch a movie, by the time it was over, it seemed rather late to drive home, so my wife, and I decided to spend the night.
I woke up in the middle of the night, restless and unable to fall back to sleep, I decided to go in the garage. As I stood there, my thoughts started focusing on things pertaining to God. I lifted my voice in prayer unto the Lord.
Suddenly I found myself absent from my physical being, For a brief moment in time, the inner-man was released from the outer shell that keeps him in bondage.
Immediately he started worshipping , He cried out, "Father I love you, I have always loved you. I don't have to walk on streets of gold, I don't want what is yours, I just want to be with you." He had no interest whats so ever in the things pertaining to this life. There was no amount of fame, wealth, or glory, that could be given to him in exchange for what he possessed.

He was glorious beyond any men's imagination. The magnitude of his love towards God, was beyond all human comprehension. There is no human terminology that can be used to accurately describe him. 1 CORINTHIANS-2:9-10 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Something else was spoken by the inner-man that night, that I don't fully understand. He cried out, " They have never loved you, like I love you." Then I heard a soft voice, "don't worry son, they will never be where you are." Then appeared a barrier that extended out as far as I could see, At that instant, I was made aware that it was impossible for it to be crossed over, from one side, to the other. Thus the vision faded

I have often wondered, if what I experienced that night was a glimpse of the prophecy of John: 3:2, Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Reflections

No comments: